Bald Face Public School was opened on 13 October 1949. It is situated close to Bald Face Point, which is bounded on three sides by waterways and bays off the Georges River which flows into Botany Bay.
Bald Face Point was named when sandstone was quarried from the point at the end of Stuart Street for the construction ofTom Ugly's Bridge, leaving a bare cliff face.
The school has a record of excellent academic standards in all key learning areas. It also offers substantial extra curricular activities including tennis, chess, Italian and Greek languages, instrumental, art and drama programs.
The school's facilities include a school hall, library and computer laboratory. Shade structures have been erected over the asphalt playground to provide a protected area for students.