Richmond Public School is located along Windsor Street in Richmond, NSW. Richmond is one of the five historic towns sited by Governor Macquarie in the Hawkesbury basin of Sydney. The school began as an educational institution in 1860 on a site along West Market Street and moved to its present location on the old Kamilaroi Homestead in 1928.
Our school motto is Excelsior, which means ‘to strive for excellence’. Our mission is to develop and promote personal child responsibility and growth in each student by giving every child the best opportunity through quality teaching and learning.
The school caters for a wide range of needs and abilities. Along with mainstream K-6 classes, the school has opportunity classes and hosts a satellite class from the Autistic Association.