Schofields Public School has served the Schofields community since 1919 when the school was first established in a small community hall. The school was moved to its present site on the corner of St. Albans Road and Junction Road in 1923. The original school building is still in use today and its two small classrooms are an abiding reminder of the heritage of this school in the community. It is interesting to note that one of the school's first students, Miss Violet Alderton, who was enrolled in the first Kindergarten class of 1919, is still living in the local area today. One of the school's major awards has been named in her honour.