Coombabah State School
is a co-educational public school located in the Gold Coast North District of the Department of Education, Queensland. It is one of three state primary schools that service the large area bounded by the Pacific Highway, the Coomera River, the Broadwater and the Gold Coast Highway. Specifically, it services the suburbs of Hope Island, Paradise Point, Hollywell, Runaway Bay and Coombabah. Currently, more than 750 students attend the school in Years Prep-7.
Special features of our curriculum
- strong instrumental music program and a number of choirs.
- catering for children's needs through inclusive classroom methodologies, gifted and talented programs and extensive support of children with disabilities.
- emphasis on catering for the needs of all students within the curriculum.
- Japanese culture and language studies in years 6 and 7.
- some multi-age classes to complement straight year-level classes.
- participation in academic competitions.
- effective Supportive School Environment Policy.
- advanced Learning Technology program including use of the Internet and classroom interactive whiteboards in every classroom.